Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vacation...

We can barely afford it, but we're going to take a vacation this year, and go to Cape Cod.
I'll get to meet my new baby niece, not quite a month old. I'll also see my dad for the first time since our falling out (it's a long story. And boring.).
My younger child wants very much to see my dad. Me, not so much. It's just easier not to.
But, it may in all likelihood be the last time I see him. I wish I could muster up more interest in the situation based on that fact alone. Will I feel bad for the distance (both metaphorical and geographical) between us after he's gone?
Right now, I'd say no. After he's gone, I may feel differently.
Oh, but there will be beach time near a bona fide ocean on this vacation, to offset my 39-year-old angst.
So there's that.
We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment