Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peter Fonda, Dakota Fanning and Howard Jones...





... were all born on February 23rd, too.


Today is also the anniversary of the Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima photograph


Most awesomely, on this date in 1896, the Tootsie Roll was invented.



Whereas yesterday, I was filled with profound insight and self-introspection, today when I sat down at the computer, all I have in my brain is Tootsie Rolls and Peter Fonda.


On this upcoming year's to-do list, in no particular order:


-Visit my sister in California (she has lived there more than 10 years and I've never visited once, for various reasons: small children being born, finances, etc. )


- Get out of print journalism. The future is bleak and the pay is lousy. Trying to make the transition now by beefing up my mad online journalism skillz. It's hard for an old dog like me to learn new tricks after 12+ years.


-Spend more time at the ocean. Not on the ocean, like in a boat or something, just in a place where I can see it.


-Get healthier. Just, yeah.


-Be more patient. I would say that might be my biggest character flaw; I am impatient with people and get easily frustrated.


I know this post was full of randomness, but I'm new to the "blog-every-day" mindset. I have to save some of the brilliance if I'm going to do this daily for a year straight ...









No comments:

Post a Comment